Look Younger with the Latest Rejuvenation Treatments – PRP and Vampire Facial Treatments!
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a procedure in which platelets are harvested from your own blood and given back to you in a new way so your cells regenerate. Within a matter of minutes, your doctor can create PRP from you to activate your stem cells!
How does PRP Work in a Vampire Facial?
- The doctor draws a small amount of blood (same amount as required for a basic lab test).
- The doctor uses a centrifuge and spins the blood to separate the platelets from other components of your blood.
- The doctor uses a method to activate the platelets, producing your very own platelet-rich plasma.
The best way to imagine PRP is to remember the yellow “goo” that surrounded a scab you had as a child when you skinned your knee. The thickening of the serum to form the yellow material holds specific growth factors in place that call stem cells to the area and activates them to create new skin.
Stem Cells Found in Your Blood
For years, scientists have known that unipotent stem cells lie dormant in your skin and provide the building blocks for healing you when you sustain an injury such as a cut or bruise. Until recently, doctors had no convenient way to stimulate those stem cells to grow new tissue. A physician can activate the unipotent stem cells by utilizing growth factors in the blood (the platelets), and can tell those cells to grow new younger-appearing skin.
With today’s advances, during the PRP process, stem cell science is used to tell the body to grow new younger skin. These unipotent stem cells can be found throughout the body, and are specialized to specific tissue. For instance, unipotent stems cells found in the liver can grown new liver tissue. Unipotent stem cells in the skin grow new skin. PRP takes the cosmetic rejuvenation process to a new level.
How PRP Rejuvenates
Platelet rich plasma is similar to hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers because it can be injected to sculpt the face. Not only does PRP cause an increase in the volume, but it also contains at least eight growth factors that will, over a period of time, continually work as a rejuvenating agent.
By activating these PRP growth factors, three parts of the aging process improve:
- Because of new blood vessel formation, the skin color becomes a “younger” color.
- A more youthful shape develops as new collagen forms in the dermis, lifting the skin
- The epidermis (outer most layer of skin) appears smoother because the growth factors are working to build a new dermis.
Some of the areas that respond to PRP therapy include:
- Fine wrinkles around the eyes (the dreaded ‘crow’s feet’),
- Loose skin on the neck,
- Wrinkles on forehead and lips,
- Acne or sunspots,
- Stretch marks or scars,
- Skin Discoloration.
When you get Vampire Facial Treatment, the doctor at Abloom Med Spa combines the use of hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Juvederm, and PRP therapy to create a more youthful look.
Abloom Med Spa now offers PRP therapy and Vampire Facial Treatments. Call to book your appointment today for a younger you at (623) 691-8319.