People looking for the fountain of youth have come across vampire facelifts and vampire facials. What is a vampire facial? A vampire facial is a surgical free option that reverses sun damage, erases deep wrinkles and crows feet and helps erase deep acne scars and pitting. The Vampire Facial also known as PRP- Platelet Rich Plasma, utilizes your own body’s healing ability to stimulate skin recovery and smoothing. Available as both an injectable and topical, PRP is on the cutting edge of regenerative therapies.
What are Vampire Facials PRP? PRP (Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy) is an amazing new technology which lets you:
- Take your own blood
- Extract powerful platelets and
- Infuse them back into your skin
- So your skin rejuvenates itself and builds collagen!
At Abloom Med Spa, we use Eclipse technology to harvest the PRP from a client’s own blood. With the urgent care next door, an experienced nurse carefully draws two small syringes of blood. Using the Dermapen microneedling system, Dr. Punia places the PRP under the skin’s surface. Depending on the severity of the wrinkles, Dr. Punia carefully chooses the depth of the microneedles so the PRP can be placed for maximum regeneration and collagen growth. This is a new treatment that many Hollywood stars are now using.
Advantages of PRP
Platelet-rich plasma is similar to HA fillers because it can be injected to sculpt the face. But, here’s the best part: not only does the PRP cause an increase in the volume, PRP contains at least 8 growth factors that will, over a long period of time, continually work like a rejuvenating agent.
By activating these growth factors, all 3 parts of the aging process improve:
- The skin color becomes a “younger” color because of new blood vessel formation.
- New collagen formations in the dermis lifts the face back to a more youthful shape.
- Because the growth factors are working to build a new dermis, the epidermis (the outer most layers of your skin) appears smoother.
Here’s how Vampire Facials PRP work:
- Abloom Med Spa’s trained staff draws blood (a amount similar to what is required for a basic lab test).
- Abloom places the blood into a special centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
- The platelets are activated by using one of two methods that are natural to your body. This activation of platelets is the final step in producing your very own platelet-rich plasma. The best way to visualize PRP is to remember the yellow “goo” that surrounded the scab you had when you fell on your knee as a child. The thickening of the serum to form that yellow material holds specific growth factors in place that call stem cells to the area and activates them to create new skin.
Price: Vampire Facials PRP prices start at $699. Prices may vary per client based on area(s) and number of treatments needed. Schedule your Abloom consultation now to find out if you are a good candidate for PRP.
Areas for PRP Treatments
Some of the areas that respond to PRP therapy include:
- Fine wrinkles around the eyes (the dreaded ‘crow’s feet’)
- Loose skin on the neck
- Wrinkles on forehead and lips
- Acne or sunspots
- Stretch marks or scars
- Skin Discoloration
Why Stem Cells are So Important
Scientists have known for years that unipotent stem cells lie dormant in the skin and provide the building blocks for healing when you sustain a burn or cut. Until recently, physicians had no convenient way to stimulate those stem cells to grow new tissue. By utilizing the growth factors found in the blood (specifically the platelets), a physician can activate the unipotent stem cells already in the skin and tell those cells to grow new, younger-appearing skin.
During the process of PRP, stem cell science is used to tell the body to grow new younger skin. Unipotent stem cells, which grow only one specific tissue, can be found in every part of the body. For example, unipotent stem cells in the liver grow new liver tissue. Unipotent stem cells in the skin grow new skin. Thus, PRP takes the cosmetic rejuvenation process to a higher level!
For more information, read our Vampire Facial FAQ.
Try our Vampire Facials PRP treatments and look years younger!