What is PRP Therapy? Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) is an amazing new technology which lets us take your own blood, extract powerful platelets and infuse them back into your skin. The platelets can release growth factors that have been shown to accelerate the healing process by enhancing the proliferation of stem cells, increasing the production of collagen, stimulating blood flow, and reinvigorating cartilage. Results can vary.
Areas for PRP Therapy Treatments
Some of the areas that are shown to respond to PRP therapy include:
- Fine wrinkles around the eyes (the dreaded ‘crow’s feet’)
- Loose skin on the neck
- Wrinkles on forehead and lips
- Acne or sunspots
- Stretch marks or scars
- Skin Discoloration
Here’s how PRP Therapy work:
- Abloom Med Spa’s trained staff draws blood (an amount similar to what is required for a basic lab test).
- Abloom places the blood into a special centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
- The platelets are activated by using one of two methods that are natural to your body. This activation of platelets is the final step in producing your very own platelet-rich plasma. The best way to visualize PRP is to remember the yellow “goo” that surrounded the scab you had when you fell on your knee as a child. The thickening of the serum to form that yellow material holds specific growth factors in place that call stem cells to the area and activates them to create new skin.
PRP Therapy Costs
PRP Therapy prices start at $699. Prices may vary per client based on area(s) and number of treatments needed. Schedule your Abloom consultation now to find out if you are a good candidate for PRP. Call (623) 691-8319.
Why Stem Cells are So Important
Scientists have known for years that unipotent stem cells lie dormant in the skin and provide the building blocks for healing when you sustain a burn or cut. Until recently, physicians had no convenient way to stimulate those stem cells to grow new tissue. By utilizing the growth factors found in the blood (specifically the platelets), a physician can activate the unipotent stem cells already in the skin and tell those cells to grow new, younger-appearing skin. During the process of PRP, stem cell science is used to tell the body to grow new younger skin. Unipotent stem cells, which grow only one specific tissue, can be found in every part of the body. For example, unipotent stem cells in the liver grow new liver tissue. Unipotent stem cells in the skin grow new skin. Thus, PRP takes the cosmetic rejuvenation process to a higher level!
Advantages of PRP
Platelet-rich plasma is similar to HA fillers because it can be injected to sculpt the face. But, here’s the best part: not only does the PRP cause an increase in the volume, PRP contains at least 8 growth factors that will, over a long period of time, continually work like a rejuvenating agent. Note: Results can vary. By activating these growth factors, all 3 parts of the aging process improve:
- The skin color becomes a “younger” color because of new blood vessel formation.
- New collagen formations in the dermis lifts the face back to a more youthful shape.
- Because the growth factors are working to build a new dermis, the epidermis (the outer most layers of your skin) appears smoother.
Results can vary.
What is a Vampire Facial?
The Vampire Facial Procedure™ combines the science of hyaluronic acid fillers (i.e., Restylane and Juvederm), unipotent stem cells, and beauty to provide a custom designer procedure.
The first part of the Vampire FaceLift® Procedure™utilizes HA fillers to begin sculpting specific areas of the face. The glycosaminoglycans (what an HA filler replaces) act like a sponge that holds water in the face providing a basic shape. This initial injection of HA is the precursor to the ultimate desired form.
Next comes the polishing and refining step of the sculpting process which ultimately contributes to the appearance of a younger version of you. Results can vary.
Call (623) 691-8319 to schedule your FREE consultation!
Preparing for PRP Therapy
PRP Therapy is performed on an outpatient basis, in the comfort of your Abloom’s office. The only real preparation you need is to refrain from using anti-inflammatory medications for about a week prior to treatment. Plan to spend a couple of hours at your Abloom so your blood can be collected and processed. You should be able to return to most normal activities immediately following your appointment.
Following PRP Therapy
You will probably experience heightened discomfort at the injection site for a few days following treatment. Apply ice and elevate the treated area, if possible, but do not use anti-inflammatory medications for several weeks following your PRP injection.
Results can vary.