Rejuvenate your Skin with a Photofacial IPL
If you want to improve your skin’s complexion, photofacials (fotofacials) are a great solution. Growing in popularity, photofacial treatments yield great results yet they do not require any downtime. A Photofacial, also called laser skin resurfacing or IPL, helps correct:
- Sun damage and sun spots
- Age spots
- Enlarged pores
- Hyperpigmentation (brown spots) and discoloration
- Rosacea and redness
- Broken capillaries (red and/or purple spots)
- Decline of skin texture
Photofacials can be used for your:
- Full face
- Body treatments
Photofacials treatments use Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Infrared (IR Laser and/or Radiofrequency (RF) energy combined in a pulse. Abloom uses the latest technology to perform PhotoFacial RF using Elos technology on both men and women.
What is a Photofacial?
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. Also known as a “photofacial” treatment, it delivers broadband light through the skin for Skin rejuvenation. IPLs help restore a youthful looking skin intended for photo-aged or sun damaged skin. It helps decrease facial redness, lessen the appearance of pigmented spots, reduce pore size and improve texture and fine lines.
How does IPL work?
IPL delivers high intensity pulses of broadband light that is non-ablative, meaning that is does not damage the surface of the skin. The intense light is delivered to the deeper parts of the skin (dermis) and leaves the superficial aspect of the skin (epidermis) untouched. We use the Lumenis Quantum IPL Brand.
What are the advantages of IPL’s/Photofacials?
IPL can eradicate red facial veins & flushing, improve acne rosacea, treat irregular pigmentation, dark sun spots, and reduce fine facial lines. There is little to no downtime with IPL’s.
What to do Before your IPL Treatment:
- Avoid tanning and excessive sun exposure 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- The treatment areas should be cleansed and all makeup or creams removed.
- Although not needed, a topical anesthetic may be applied 20 to 30 minutes before treatment.
- Each treatment takes approximately 15 to 45 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What to do After your IPL Treatment:
- A sunburn sensation is common. Cold packs may be used for ten minutes after your treatment.
- The skin may appear pink and flushed. This usually resolves after several hours.
- Age spots and melasma patches will darken over several days and either exfoliate off over 7 to 10 days or fade over several weeks.
- Striping is common in areas treated off the face, like the arms and chest, and require follow up treatment to even out the results. • Gentle cleansing and sun protection are important while the skin is sensitive.
- It is very important to avoid tanning 4 weeks before and 4 to 6 weeks after your treatments.
- In general, there is little downtime with IPL. Occasional bruising and swelling may occur but is temporary and resolves over 3 to 7 days. You can resume normal activities immediately after your treatment.
- Gradual improvement will be noted over your course of treatments.
Call (623) 691-8319 today for a complimentary Photofacial consultation or to book your IPL appointment!