Here are six steps to enhance your eyelashes naturally, according to WebMD.
Want longer, thicker lashes? Start with these six lash lifesavers.
1. Take it easy. Never tug at your lashes, and avoid rubbing your eyes. “The lash root is very delicate and lashes can easily break due to our daily habits,” says dermatologist Jeannette Graf, MD, of Great Neck, N.Y.
2. When using a lash curler, don’t pull on your eyelids.
3. Remove your mascara before you go to sleep. (The stiffness from the mascara can break lashes.) Use a gentle makeup remover. Pat or dab at your lids — don’t rub or pull.
4. Remove clumps from mascara when the mascara is still wet and easy to comb through.
5. Tossing your old mascara also helps keep lashes and eyes healthy. Get a new tube every three to six months, says New York optometrist Susan Resnick, MD. That will help your mascara stay free of germs that can lead to infection.
6. If you get pink eye or another eye illness, replace any makeup that went near your eye area.
Your lashes serve a purpose beyond beauty. “Eyelashes serve a protective function: to keep foreign matter out of the eye,” Resnick says.
A lash can last about three months before falling out and can take two months or more to completely grow back. Damage can also make the hair more fragile, thinner, and shorter when it does grow in. If you damage the follicle enough, it will stop producing hair, Graf says.
If you’re not satisfied with your thin eyelashes, you’re not alone. Unfortunately, the majority of women are not genetically gifted with thick and attractive eyelashes. The good news is that there are now products that can help you attain your ideal eyelashes. Fake eyelashes are not advisable since these can damage your natural lashes or even lead to losing most of it. Here is some helpful information on how to enhance your eyelashes with serums.
The better alternative to false lashes is using a good eyelash growth serum. These are products that work by enhancing the eyelashes naturally. Eyelash growth serums also contain ingredients that strengthen the lashes naturally to prevent breakage or damage. However, you have to be careful in choosing a product because there are many unsafe and ineffective ones out there. Latisse, by Allergan, is a proven eyelash growth serum.
Do They Really Work?
Although there are varying opinions in eyelash enhancer reviews, there are some products that can really help you achieve more luscious and thicker eyelashes. Again, it all depends on the product you choose so you have to be very thorough in researching those that are both safe and effective.
What You Should Be Looking For
You need to be aware of the actual ingredients that are really effective. According to eyelash enhancer reviews, you should be looking for natural ingredients that contains glycoprotein, panthenol and hyaluronic acid. Glycoprotein is a proven ingredient that stimulates the growth of hair follicles.
Panthenol, also listed as pro-vitamin B5, makes the eyelashes stronger and prevents damage. Hyaluronic acid is known to promote blood flow to give way for healthy hair growth. Take note that you should also watch out for harmful ingredients like those that can damage the eyes. Research is the key to finding the best eyelash enhancer.
Latisse is carried at Abloom Med Spa. “Latisse is excellent and works very well,” Graf says.
Why You Should Use an Eyelash Enhancer
If you want to achieve naturally thicker and seductive eyelashes then finding the best eyelash enhancer should be your main goal. False lashes and other artificial means to achieve beautiful eyelashes are dangerous and can even lead to losing your natural lashes.
If you’d like to learn more about Latisse, schedule an appointment at Abloom Med Spa. We carry the product and can help determine whether Latisse will work for you. Call (623) 691-8319.